Banner is copyright 2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. It can be obtained here: Alexstrasza vs. Deathwing
Welcome to the website for both our guilds: [A]Writers Guild of Azeroth and [H]Writers Guild Azeroth, on Wyrmrest Accord.
Our guilds came into existence as a meeting place for a handful of World of Warcraft players who also write. While these guilds exist on Wyrmrest Accord, most of us play WoW in other guilds and meet on this website to discuss and review each other's stories. In many ways, we are an electronic writers group. If you are interested, please check out the WOWWGA FAQ.
Here a writer can:
- Meet and, if you want to, play or spend time with people that have a like interests and goals.
- Have a story posted and get feedback from other writers.
- Discuss aspects of writing like character creation, story progression, structure, and creating a world or universe from scratch or utilizing an exisitng world.
- Have fan fiction writing taken seriously. If you write WoW fan fiction, there will be people who know WoW who can read and understand the references. Stories that are not fan fiction are aslo very welcome and even encouraged.
- Have your interest in story in video games and video games as a storytelling medium taken seriously.
- Find and share information about the business of writing.
We are glad to welcome any who wish to join us here to discuss writing - whether it's WoW fanfiction or serious writing. While we do play WoW, mostly in other guilds, it's easier to contact us here, via this page, or send us a message if you want to know more about us.
Please check out her wonderful series of short pieces on several inhabitants of Azeroth, Twelve Women of Azeroth.
The link is also posted in Public Stories and Writings. We look forward to seeing more of her work.
WELCOME LYSSINNA AKA GOLDYLUCKS TO THE GUILD! Now to get you into the website lol.
A big congratulations to Lyssinna for his grand prize spot in the Heart of the Aspects Wyrmrest Accord short story contest for his wonderful story The Hammer and the Wrench. He also won an Honorable Mention in the the 2011 Blizzard Short Story contest for Ashes Over Stormwind.
CONGRATULATIONS TO FEDJEEN (AKA LILFEATHERS) ON WINNING A GRAND PRIZE IN THE WYRMREST ACCORD SHORT STORY CONTEST!
Read her excellent winning short story, A Steamy Romance Novel: Passionate Lies, link posted in Public Stories and Writings! (Look to your upper left)
A very special congratulations to all the winners and entrants. Though I don't know them, I would like to say thank you to Aibreann, Thokk and Sinphonii for doing the contest. I knew there would be writers on Wyrmrest Accord. - Shendora